Mentors & Volunteers
Mentors must be able to commit to the following:
Mentors should be women and men working in STEM fields who can help guide students through the Ideation TechChallenge. This will be a 45-minute structured challenge where you will work with a group of students, and then submit your judging score. We will provide training to help mentors prepare for this experience.
- Mentor Training date: Thursday, March 7, 2024 from 4-5pm (via Zoom)
- Live Ideation TechChallenge at SheTech Explorer Day (Mountain America Expo Center): Thursday, March 14, 2024 from 10:30am-1pm
Volunteers must be able to commit to the following:
- Set Up: Wednesday March 13, 2024, 2:00-8:00pm
- Morning Preparation & Event Execution: Thursday March 14, 2024, 7:00am-1:00pm
- Tear Down: Thursday March 14, 2024 1:00-4:00pm
If you are interested in being a mentor, running a workshop, hosting a TechZone booth, or volunteering at Explorer Day, please complete the new form below and we will contact you in between October and January to coordinate and confirm.
18,000 students will have participated in the program
SheTech Explorer Days happen across the country including in Utah, Arizona,Colorado, and Idaho.
SheTech participants report 94% better understanding of STEM careers and 91% greater interest in STEM degrees and careers.
Over 150 companies sponsored, taught workshops, TechZone booths, and/or mentored TechChallenge
1000+ industry mentors participate in SheTech